7/13 Giving
Sunday evening a man knocked on our door asking if he could cut our grass for money and if we had anything to drink or eat. He shared he just finished up doing yard work for a house a few doors up, and was trying to earn money to buy a hotel room for the night for him self and his kids. He shared he was in town because his son was shot. Because he was willing to do the work, I felt fine giving the money without him doing the work and we had a homeless bag put together I gave him (homeless bag has water, snacks, and hygiene products in a Jesus loves you bag). Before he left I prayed with him.
After this me and my wife had a good discussion about what personal information we give to people and what we give away from the house. Going forward I will minimize personal information given out to people and not give out money from our home. We came to this agreement as the next night Juan knocked on our door at 10 pm asking for money for another night at a hotel room, this gave us a scare as it was after dark and we realized this guy knows where we live and can assume we have cash on hand. I did not give him anymore money, but talked with him and got his phone number. We think this may have been a fiery arrow from the enemy to scare us, as recently me and my wife have been leaning into mission work within the city.
Comments
Post a Comment