8/8 Jehovahs Witness Knocks on my Door
Some Jehovah’s Witness came by my house today and gave me an invite to their upcoming convention, it is an invitation to JW events. I talked with them about Jesus’ deity. I was searching my mind for the deity versus, I am glad I have been working on memorizing them recently. Matthew 12:8, Mark 14:62, John 8:58, John 10:30. I’ll be honest I could’ve been more put together, the knock on the door mid work day threw me off. I did get the guys phone number and planning to reconnect next week.
Afterwards talking with others more scripture was brought up John 14:9, Daniel 7, John 1:1, Phil 2:4, Isiah 6 and 10. When I stepped outside to talk with them I did not have a bible on me, so when we looked at verses it was through the JW app on her phone. So I believe we were looking at the NWT, next time bring out my own bible. I usually use NIV or ESV, but KJV could be a common ground they would listen to (initial research I’ve done).
A good question to have asked would have been, how are we saved? Start with the important stuff. Is it Gods grace and our faith in him?
If you get a knock on your door from a JW, Muslim, Mormon or Hindu are you ready to give a reason for the hope that is in you? Today was a reminder for me that I still have a lot to learn.
Comments
Post a Comment