9/13 43rd Street Festival

 My family and I went to the 43rd street market this Saturday. We went around 12 pm. We stopped at forest hill park first to read some scripture and prayed before heading over. We read Peter 3:13-17 and Acts 2:37-41. We walked around for a bit and talked to a few people, but left early because I was feeling overwhelmed: it was hot, I had our dog, I was wearing my ruck and our diaper bag, and we walked there. I realized I tried to do too much, the main purpose of being there was to pick up trash and witness.


We came back later as the event was wrapping up, we did not bring the dog this time, we drove, and I had nothing on my back. When walking around a guy asked me “If I am really living it?” in reference to my Jesus Won shirt. We responded with a yes that we are followers of Jesus. This man prayed with us in the middle of the street. We had a nice conversation, he mentioned he is in recovery but he is saved by Jesus.


After that I saw a guy from work at a booth, I chatted with him for a few minutes.


Lessons learned:

  • Don’t try to do too much at one time.
  • Be more bold, pray for people in the street like the guy did for me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

9/27 Pride Fest Evangelizing

8/8 Jehovahs Witness Knocks on my Door

Statement of Faith