6/28 Evangelism Pride Parade

It went well. Me, my wife and son attended a pride pride parade on Saturday. Here is my debrief:

What went well:

  • I wore a Jesus won shirt, got a lot of looks and a couple “I like your shirt”s
  • People had love is love shirts and signs, we asked them what love is love means and asked where is the line? Could you say pedophilia is love? We also asked people what their definition of love is
  • We reconnected with a Buddhist we met at forest hill
  • We also got information on future events. One in July and in September, and recurring events 


What I could’ve done better

  • When people defined love, does that come from truth? How do they know that? Points to Gods moral law we all have written on our hearts. Identify where the are on the continuum of Truth, God, Miracles, Ressurection of Jesus
  • Maybe wear a different shirt that still speaks truth but is more inviting to conversation. Jesus is love? Do you know Jesus? My wife was wearing a plain shirt and people talked to her more, or stop when they saw me
  • Prepare a response to my definition of love, was not asked but could’ve been. 
  • When someone’s says they like my shirt, ask if they know Jesus


Lessons learned

  • love is love is not about defining love, but defining relationships. Who can marry who, who can sleep with who. A response was genitalia should not be a factor in who can date/have sex with who. But genitalia is important to the trans people right?
  • Everyone had different definitions of love, and was caught off guard being asked to define it. When talking to one women, her son said love is forgiveness. The mom dismissed it, and I didn’t realize how wise that was till afterwards when my wife called it out.
  • It was not as bad is I thought, I was very nervous going in but after talking with people it wasn’t as scary. I think once people realized i was being kind and respectful they talked more.
  • It is eerie being in a crowd and people are looking at you. 
  • A lot of things they want is not against Christianity. To be kind, not sexist, not racist.
  • It makes you sad sitting down and seeing so many children of God, living sinful lives (being proud of it) and worrying for their salvation. It is encouraging in the sense that there is plenty of work to do here. Missionaries aren’t just needed in Africa and Asia. 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

9/27 Pride Fest Evangelizing

8/8 Jehovahs Witness Knocks on my Door

Statement of Faith